EHA Consulting Group: Public Health Consulting, Epidemiology, & Food Safety Consultants
Rapid response is critical to effective management of a crisis. EHA experts are ready to respond 24/7 to ensure your brand is protected.
EHA can investigate cases, clusters and outbreaks of environmental acquired infectious diseases such as food, water or air.
EHA’s legal experts have been qualified in state and federal court in both civil, criminal and administrative matters for both plaintiffs and defendants.
For ever 35 years EHA has been on the cutting edge of multi-faceted food safety program management and implementation for their clients.
Food packaging is a critical component of the food manufacturing process. EHA's team includes experts with over 20 years in the food packaging industry.
About EHA Consulting Group
With over 43 years of experience in the fields of public and environmental health, EHA has built a solid reputation for providing outstanding service - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We often provide "on call" services for our clients, acting as a first line of risk/crisis management. There is never a fee for our initial consultation.
Should you desire more detailed information about our credentials, experience or capabilities please contact us.
How we can help
- You have a food safety crisis.
- You want to prevent an outbreak or food crisis.
- You need legal help for your food safety problem.
- You want to make sure your company is prepared for a public health disaster.
- You need to know if your existing safety and quality program meet up-to-date industry-standards and expectations.
Case Study: Outbreak
EHA consulted on what initially appeared to be a classic food poisoning outbreak. After dining on Rockfish at a local seafood restaurant, patrons presented with gastro-intestinal and neurological symptoms, identified as foodborne Ciguatera toxin contamination. Regulators were surprised, as Ciguatera toxin is not typically found in Rockfish.
Following an investigation, EHA was able to determine that Grouper, served to diners in place of Rockfish, was the source of the Ciguatera toxin. EHA assisted affected persons in getting proper medical attention and provided post-event guidance...
Case Study: Litigation Support
A commercial insurance carrier was preparing to settle a sizeable claim based on the assumption that its client had supplied an improperly packaged, non-conforming bulk liquid ingredient to a beverage manufacturer, who, in turn used it and was ultimately forced to discard unsuitable manufactured product.
Following a manufacturer site visit and comprehensive evaluation of all facts, EHA determined that the non-compliant bulk ingredient had been received, handled and re-labeled by an intermediate 3rd party and, thus, the actual supplier to the beverage company. EHA created a full chain of custody and integrity handling map and assisted the carrier with important facts in advance of settlement...
Case Study: Inspection
A routine food service field inspection quickly became a serious contamination risk event when an EHA auditor observed a malfunction in the condensate handling system of an onsite refrigeration unit. The potential existed for food, storage surfaces and skin to be contaminated with the pathogen listeria monocytogenes
EHA coordinated all corrective actions including notifications, discard of contaminated and at-risk foods, issuance of a work order with a licensed commercial refrigeration technician, and sanitizing protocols leading to effective restoration of safe operation.
EHA’s expertise, diligence and actions prevented contaminated food from being served to our client customers, thru preventing a food borne outbreak and a considerable calamity for the client...
Media & Press
- FDA Recall of Hand Sanitizer June 28, 2020
- EHA Group Provides Food Safety Testing for BuzzFeed September 8, 2016
- Dr. Kramer of EHA Consulting Group speaks to NBC Los Angeles about swimming pool safety May 07, 2015
- Training Food Service Employees May 28, 2014
- Changes to Nutrition and Labeling May 02, 2014
- Read the article: Getting a Handle on Pest Control in Restuarants in NYC March 6, 2019
- CDC Warnings on Romaine Lettuce and Leafy Greens December 8, 2018
- Raw Poultry: The Legal History, Public Policy, and Consumer Behavior February 11, 2014
- Health Department Issues Food Safety and Water Guidelines for New Yorkers as Power is Restored in Some Areas November 05, 2012
- New York: New Beverage Portion Rule for Food Service Establishments September 13, 2012
See the Full Collection of News & Articles
EHA has over 35 years of experience in serving the legal and insurance communities. We serve as subject matter experts for fact finding, discovery, depositions and expert testimony.
Unlike many other firms we are not only legal experts but maintain an active and substantial hands-on practice in the areas in which we provide legal assistance.
The EHA Pathogen Index provides general information about a number of pathogens - foodborne, nosocomial and bioaerosols.
EHA has a wealth of White Papers for you to read and download.
- Sesame Food Allergen Announcement.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Food Packaging Safety Related Risks
- Food Allergens: A Comprehensive Approach for Food Processors to Prevent Unintended Allergens in their Foodstuffs.
- How to Protect Your Business from Customer Allergic Reactions.